If you want to work in a creative environment, consider applying for our part-time communications and event coordinator position at Great River Arts. The best candidate is
detailed oriented, has experience coordinating professional social media postings and is able to provide excellent customer service. To learn more about this opportunity or to apply for this position on our team, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. The application review process will begin on Friday, August 31 and remain open until filled.
Communications and Event Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director and GRA Board
Supervises: Volunteers when applicable
Last Updated: Aug. 2018
This position is responsible for coordinating onsite and community events, along with
overseeing the organization’s communication plan and maintaining its strong social media
High School diploma or GED equivalent and at least two years-experience working in
marketing, special events, or a customer service related field.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in marketing and communications or a related
Event Logistics (40% of time): GRA’s facilities support visual, performing, and arts education
programming. In addition, the site is open to the public as a rental and event space. The
communications and event coordinator supports both internal and external uses of the facility.
Communications and Social Media (30% of Time): Supervises the organization’s social media
postings; updates the website and creates e-Newsletter content. In addition, the coordinator
assists with editing print materials (brochures, posters, etc.), in partnership with other staff
Representative of GRA (25%): Attends to the front-of-the-house tasks, which includes
answering event inquiries and requests in-person, by email or by phone. In addition, the
coordinator participates in internal staff meetings, as well as external meetings to market the
GRA space as a community, public or private venue.
Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director and GRA board (5% of time).
• Effective oral and written communication skills;
• Ability to work independently and as a team to meet deadlines;
• Strong organizational, interpersonal and customer service skills;
• Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgement;
• Has a creative eye for space planning and basic design principles;
• Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituents;
• Commitment to coworkers and to the mission of Great River Arts;
• On-time and dependable;
• May be required to travel; Valid Driver’s License
Advertised Physical Requirements:
• Ability to lift 40 lbs.
• Ability to climb ladders.
Representative Duties Related to Events:
• Preparing policies and procedures relating to facility rentals for approval by administration
• Responding to customer inquiries regarding rentals
• Planning, coordinating and supervising special events logistics including:
• Determining what support is needed (time, specific tasks, special requests, etc.)
• Scheduling setup and clean-up of the site
• Ensure clients, staff, caterers, entertainers, vendors, etc. follow established procedures
• Coordinate, train and supervise volunteers to support GRA functions, when needed
• Work with vendors, patrons, staff and board members to ensure collection of rental and catering fees
• Preparing contracts, final confirmation and other correspondence for facility rentals
• Maintain schedule of events and use of GRA’s space on the organization’s master calendar
• Report and suggest solutions for customer service issues to administration
• Internal evaluation and reporting when deemed appropriate
• Maintain up-to-date rental and group tour information on the organization’s web page
• Implement a marketing plan in conjunction with the organization’s PR/Marketing for the facility rental program that will result in attaining projected revenue. This plan may include:
• Researching effective media platforms to promote facility rentals
• Working with others to develop graphic art, as needed, to prepare brochures,
• Touring prospective customers
• Maintaining contact with previous customers
• Networking within the community to promote rentals
Representative Duties Related to Communications:
• Social Media
• Maintain Facebook and Instagram Pages
• Take and post photographs
• Update and maintain the GRA website
• Create content for the monthly e-newsletter
• Create content for weekly press releases
• Advertising submissions
• Update and maintain current information on all Community Calendars
• Assist with proof-reading and editing all printed materials
• Provide superior customer service daily to all patrons
For any questions, call 320-632-0960.