GRA Job Opportunities
GRTV Station Manager
Great River Arts seeks a creative, detail-oriented, and self-sufficient individual for the position of GRTV Station Manager at the GRA center, located at 122 First St. SE, in the historic district of downtown Little Falls.
Great River Arts (GRA) is a nonprofit, member-based organization, governed by a volunteer board that provides multidisciplinary art experiences in greater Minnesota. The GRTV Station Manager position is responsible for operating the public access tv station and assisting with GRA events and programs.
Reports to: Executive Director
Hours & Salary: Schedule is dependent on community and GRA events and programs. May be required to work nights and weekends based on Great River Arts and community event schedule. This is a salaried position at $30,000/yr.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 5:00pm., January 19, 2024 or until filled.
- Required: High School diploma or GED equivalent and at least one year experience working in the media/technology field. Additional education/internships can substitute for the 1 year working experience.
- Preferred: Bachelor's degree in art, technology, media, marketing and communications or a related field, or a relevant combination of education and/or experience.
- Public Recording
- Record County and City Meetings
- Collaborate w/ churches to ensure quality of airing programs
- Record city wide special events such as parades, special meetings, ect.
- Maintain Archives and provide copies of shows as required
- Produce videos for air on GRTV
- Maintain show catalogue and programming schedule
- Air public programming
- Change/edit charter generator to stay up-to-date
- Covert unsupported formats of video and analog to viewable formatting for the station
- Help solve formatting issues and other issues related to TV to help the public with recordings
- Monitor station 180 and answer concerns with station as needed
- Manage and add content to the GRTV YouTube Channel
- Maintain equipment and recording studio
- Trouble shoot and solve computer issues
- Network equipment
- Ensure the broadcast quality of audio levels
- Seek support for line/fiber issues if needed
- City of Little Falls
- Send quarterly report to City of Little Falls
- Work with City employees and officials on the advancement of the franchise agreement
- Great River Arts
- Aid with GRA technical issues
- Consult with the GRA director on budget and GRTV direction
- Aid renters of equipment and studio space
- Assist with teaching of GRA media classes
- Participate in GRA events, activities, and fundraisers
- Other duties as assigned by the GRA director and board
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team to meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgement.
- Has a creative eye for space planning and design.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituents.
- Commitment to coworkers and to the mission of Great River Arts.
- On-time and dependable.
- Knowledge of CableCast and Tightrope Media Systems.
- Knowledge of Apple Products.
- Knowledge of social media including YouTube.
- Ability to use standard office equipment and Microsoft products.
CERTIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- May be required to travel, valid driver’s license required.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs.
- Ability to climb ladders.
Send cover letter and resume
firstname.lastname@example.org (use “GRTV Station Manager position” in subject line)
Great River Arts
PO Box 157
Little Falls MN 56345-0157
Application deadline: 5:00 p.m., January 19th, 2024 or until filled
Teaching Artists - Ongoing.
Calling all Teaching Artists. Great River Arts is looking for artists for part-time positions to lead classes for all age groups. Hours vary. To apply please fill out the Teaching Artists Application that is found on our website.
GRA Artist Applications
Support for Artists in Our Region
Funding Opportunities For Artists