As you spend time with family and loved ones over the next few weeks, GRA wants to encourage you and your children to keep creating! We know that art is capable of relieving stress, focusing energy, connecting as a family, and bringing joy during these challenging times. Below, we provided you with a few links to free or low-cost art resources to connect to from the comfort of your home.
Best wishes and be well!
GRA Board & Staff
- Mindfulness-Based Art Activities and Resource for Children and Parents by Alongside You (PDF).
- MindfulArts: Webinars, websites, books and props for supporting mindfulness education in your classroom or home.
- 18 Awesome, Practically Free Up-cycled Craft Projects by WiseBread
- 34 Earth Day Crafts and Classroom Activities Using Recycled Materials (March 2019), We Are Teachers
- Free Art Tutorials: Painting & Drawing Lessons, ArtistsNetwork
- 14 Crafts for Teens and Tweens by ArtBarBlog
- Spontaneous Art Activities for Teens by Shelley Klammer
- Art Techniques: Top Tutorials for painting and drawing, CreativeBloq
- Free Drawing Tutorials, Fine Art-Tips (YouTube)
- How to Draw a Face, Monique Renee (YouTube)
ARTICLES & INFORMATION
- The healing power of art, creative activities can relieve stress, aid communication, and help arrest cognitive decline (July 2017), Harvard Health Publishing
- How Art Therapy is Used to Help People Heal (August 2019), VeryWellMind.
Mark Your Calendars For Our Fun Series Of Kids Classes Coming Soon!