While you are at home with family and loved ones, we want to encourage you to keep creating! We recognize the value of art, not only as a healthy medium to reduce stress, but a way to dream, center your attention, explore something new and bring joy into your life. To get you started, staff has curated a list of helpful links to free or low-cost art resources that you can connect to from the comfort of your home.
Best wishes and be well!
GRA Board & Staff
- MindfulArts: Webinars, websites, books and props for supporting mindfulness education in your classroom or home
- Free Art Tutorials: Painting & Drawing Lessons, ArtistsNetwork
- Art Techniques: Top tutorials for painting and drawing, CreativeBloq
- Free Drawing Tutorials, Fine Art-Tips (YouTube)
- How to Draw a Face, Monique Renee (YouTube)
- Drawing Your Breath - A Mindful Art Exercise by Creativity in Therapy
- 10 Minute Mindfulness Drawing Meditation: Easy Art Tutorial for Relaxation and Self Care by Artfully Mindfully
- Great River Television's YouTube channel streams music and other community content
ARTICLES & INFORMATION
- The healing power of art, creative activities can relieve stress, aid communication, and help arrest cognitive decline (July 2017), Harvard Health Publishing
- How Art Therapy is Used to Help People Heal (August 2019), VeryWellMind
- Don't forget to checkout your favorite bookstore online. As a beginner, intermediate or advanced artist, you can search for a number of resources on watercolor techniques, sculpture, sketching, charcoal, fabric arts and much more.
- FUTURE OPPORTUNITIES AT GRA -
What kinds of classes would you like to see in the future at GRA? Email us with your thoughts at email@example.com.